This luxury townhouse is owned by South African hoteliers, Anton and Amber Engelbrecht. In 2005, Anton and Amber bought 111 Ebury Street, which was a rather run down B&B with 17 rooms and 4 bathrooms and set out to renovate the Grade II listed Georgian building into luxurious accommodation. They created 11 individually designed rooms designed by Amber herself, incorporating three different levels of accommodation; Executive Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and a very spacious and secluded Garden Suite. This was the couple’s first hotel in the UK. In late 2006, Amber and Anton approached Inn-telligence Ltd in search of a management company who could take over the day to day running of the property. Their requirements included staff recruitment of Duty Managers and room maids, staff training and sales & marketing.
We currently employ 6 full time managers and maids at the Lord Milner.
- Contracts were established with online travel agents and the hotel was put on the GDS to reach the travel agent community worldwide.
- An opening party was held in The Garden Suite in the summer attracting a mixture of local corporate companies, travel agents and retailers.
- Lord Milner postcards were posted through every door in the local area offering special “friends and family” rates to local residents.
- E-shots were sent out twice a year to the local corporate community offering seasonal winter and summer special rates.
- With the help of Inn-telligence Ltd, The Lord Milner secured a grant from the LDA in the “Get London Graded” scheme of assessment. The Lord Milner applied for their VisitBritain assessment in 2008.
The Lord Milner is running profitably with a healthy occupancy and rev-par throughout the year, accommodating guests from all over the world who are visiting London on business and pleasure.
The Lord Milner was awarded a 5 Star Guest Accommodation rating and a Silver Award for Excellent Service by VisitBritain. The Lord Milner is only the fourth bed and breakfast in London to be awarded five stars.
When you start a new business, you want to ensure that everything is done to perfection, within budget and is ready for the opening date. This is a huge amount of pressure and can be very stressful.
Luckily we found Inn-telligence Ltd who provided the expertise we needed, allowing us to concentrate on building a good relationship with our clients, achieving a high level of customer service and adding the finishing touches to the hotel which ultimately resulted in us being awarded our 5* status.
Penny and Sue’s years of experience in their respective fields is very obvious and has benefited us greatly. We can recommend their services wholeheartedly.